The Software Developer is responsible for the architecture, design, development, configuration, integration, unit/integration testing, and implementation of software solutions to meet business needs. Solutions are generally of a moderate to high complexity/risk level.
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, computer science, or equivalent experience, required.
- 4+ years of previous experience in development, technical applications and/or information systems, or equivalent, required.
- Creates technical designs. Designs logical program code and develops flow charts and other technical diagrams. Constructs tests and debugs moderately to highly complex systems.
- Plans, designs and executes unit and integration testing strategies to ensure application performance in the operational environment. Verifies accuracy and outputs of programs by preparing test data and reviewing test results.
- Leads and participates in structured walkthroughs and peer reviews of deliverables.
- Creates effective and efficient business solution designs.
- In coordination with business analysts, works with customers to ensure an understanding of business problems and to develop a proposed solution according to the specified business requirements.
- Develops diagrams and models according to industry standards for project-specific development and documentation requirements.
- Codes, tests and debugs modules, sub-routines or modules of moderate to high complexity. May create components of highly complex modules or programs.
- Assists in coaching and guiding technical staff regarding software development, methodologies and tools.
- Performs or participates in the implementation of programs into production, in compliance with approved change management processes. Monitors system/program performance after implementation and corrects systems problems as required.
- Assumes role of technical lead on small or medium projects.
- Works with project manager on preparing project plans, estimates, schedules, tracks and reports progress.
- Implements improvements to overall system performance and system efficiencies to reduce processing costs.
- Provides on-call support to operational systems to meet divisional service level agreements. Makes recommendations and implements solutions as necessary.
- Reviews manuals, periodicals, web newsletters, technical reports and other resources to remain current on emerging computer technology.
- Perform other duties as required.
Licenses and / or Certifications:
Certified in Guidewire Configuration preferred.